Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Life is back down to a dull roar thankfully. Work is nice and quiet so I have been able to start tackling all the paperwork that I shoved aside during rush. I've also started interviewing for the floor manager's position again so hopefully we'll find someone soon. On the home front, the school is working on the paperwork that needs to be done to have Ian re-certified as special ed. Oddly enough Ian has been happier about school the past few weeks. I have to wonder if something I told them finally sunk in and they changed the way they interact with him. I don't know but a happier Ian makes a happier mommy and that works for me.

Knittingwise Ian's sweater is a bit problematic. While I was a good girl and I checked the gauge when I bought it so that it matched the pattern, in reality I can't get it to work. I'm getting 6 stitches to the inch instead of 5.25. What's really odd is that I got almost exactly the same gauge on 6s as I am getting on 7s. So I did the math and I'm going to try anyway. I decided to start on the sleeve, first I cast on the wrong amount, then I screwed up the seed stitch, then I got through the seed stitch cuff and realized I had reworked the math for the wrong size, nice. I ripped it out and cast on for the lower body. I figured I'd just cut my losses. Of course this sweater seems to have a bit of a curse on it anyway. It's the only pattern from the Last Minute Knitted Gifts book that had so many mistakes in it that they simply republished the entire pattern on the errata page. Great.

I've decided to take Friday off. This past Friday I really didn't want to be at work. I wanted to leave early but I had a late interview so I figured this week why not just stay the hell home. I have a Bollywood movie in the Netflix queue and certainly I have knitting to work on. I figure around 2:30 before the kids get out of school I will figure out some other place to be so I can really call it a day off. I'll have to be home by 6 or so but maybe there's a movie I can see or something. Hell I'll just sit in a Starbucks for 3 hours and read I don't care. In fact maybe I'll just go hang out in Maribel's store for the afternoon. They have chai...

I have to say as far as the knit from my stash goes I've done pretty well so far. I was inspired by Lisa to start actually tallying the balls of yarn used and I'm up to 8 already and it's only the beginning of February. Nice. The book thing is going well too. I've already finished 6 books. They were all quick, light reads as I require for rush but I'm still pretty happy about my progress. I've only fallen off the wagon once so far. I forced Rinaldo was kind enough to buy the second book of a series I just discovered. Otherwise I have made no book purchases.

Happy Wednesday all...only 2 more days until the weekend, one for me;)

0 comments: