Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I am so sure you are here to see endless rows of stockinette, right? Here ya go:


What too boring for you? Yeah me too. I should have 9.25 inches at this point. Last I checked I had 6. Boring, boring, boring. I know I said I was going to start something else to switch off to when I get too bored but I'm afraid I'll put it down and never pick it back up.

Of course I can't complain too much. It's Valentine's Day and snowing and I have the day off so that's all good. I also was given these when I woke up:




Who wouldn't have their day brightened by that?

I didn't take off for anything fun, I am taking my mother in law for her hearing aides. I am hoping this will help cure some of the strife that's been occurring in my house. At the very least if she gets into arguments with anyone she'll actually know what she's arguing about.

I had my knitting group last night. If what I am working on is boring at least I have friends who do more interesting things. Claudia whose work has appeared here before when she made a beautiful shawl is working on a yoke sweater for herself. This is her swatch:

The picture really washed out the color but it's a gorgeous eggplant purple and the fair isle is amazing.

Marsha, whose birthday it is today (happy birthday Marsha!), made this adorable teddy bear from Knitty Gritty:

Marsha is asking our group to make squares for an afghan for the injured soldiers who are getting rehabilitation at the Fisher Center in Texas. They held a tea party for the soldiers last year that was a big hit so they are doing it again this year and she wants to make an afghan to give as one of the door prizes. We're hoping to have enough squares by the end of March and we may even put it together at one of the meetings.

Finally since I've no real progress for you it's time for interesting links:

Claudia told me about this guy, I know Rinaldo wishes he had received one for Valentine's Day.
If you don't have a tarot deck handy just pull out your Ipod Tarot Deck.
Do you miss your Wonder Woman underoos as much as I do?

Ann read this!
Finally a peace protest I can totally support.

This may be the best news I've heard all day.

Yes, you really can knit anything.

Happy Valentine's Day!

0 comments: